Press Brake Operator Afternoon Shift
Location Guelph, ON Canada
Schedule Mon-Thur; 4:00 pm to 2:30 am
This is an exciting opportunity to join a skilled team manufacturing our growing line up of high tech products and assemblies. Working with 7 state-of-the-art Amada 8-axis touch screen press brakes, you will use your press brake set-up and trouble shooting skills to set-up the machines, verify first run parts and operate for low to medium volume production. There may also be opportunity to work with Amada Astro robotically operated press brakes.
- Set-up tooling according to embedded offline programs and origin machines.
- Form first off parts according to programs and engineered drawings.
- Inspect form lengths and angles utilizing height gauges, Vernier calipers, and protractors.
- Adjust program parameters for part accuracy utilizing Amada Bend-CAM touch screen software.
- Calibrate press brakes using precision tooling and calibration equipment.
- Ensure part quality and keep track of production quantities to report completion data
- Operate equipment in accordance with standard operating and quality assurance procedures.
- Verify comprehensiveness of work order documents and complete initial and in process quality inspections.
- Record work order completions and in-process fallout through SAP MRP data collection terminals.
- Report and discuss concerns or requirements for assistance with leadership
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- 5+ years of CNC press brake operating, set-up, and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with Amada FBD press brakes is a strong asset.
- Blueprint reading knowledge and experience.
- Comfortable using Verner calipers, height gauges, and protractors for precision measurements.
- Mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and team oriented.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Melitron is an equal opportunity employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know.